Friday, January 10, 2014

SAUL LEITER


The Great Belt
Harper's Bazaar 1962

"I must admit that I am not a member of the ugly school. I have a great regard for certain notions of beauty even though to some it is an old fashioned idea."


"Some photographers think that by taking pictures of human misery, they are addressing a serious problem."


"I do not think that misery is more profound than happiness."
Saul Leiter
Sire, Agnès. Saul Leiter, Steidl Publishers, Göttingen, Germany 2008.


On The Double
Harper's Bazaar 1959





Harper's Bazaar Fall 1961



under all: blue roses


Crimson:
under 
cover; 
at night

Harper's Bazaar Spring 1961

"In order to build a career and to be successful, one has to be determined. One has to be ambitious. I much prefer to drink coffee, listen to music and to paint when I feel like it."
Saul Leiter
1923 - 2013



 In No Great Hurry - 13 Lessons In Life With Saul Leiter  
A Documentary by Tomas Leach

...eyes on the great photographers at devodotcom

No comments: